Watch the Premier League from CA$25 per month
The pick of this weekend's opening fixtures of the 2023-24 Premier League season sees Chelsea host Liverpool in a battle of the giants clash at Stamford Bridge.
The match sees former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino take charge of the Blues in the league for the first time, with a much-overhauled side set to take to the field on Sunday from the one which endured such a miserable campaign last term.
Thirteen players have left, while five signings have arrived at Stamford Bridge, including new £32million striker Nicolas Jackson.
There's also been plenty of upheaval at Liverpool during the summer break, with inspirational skipper Jordan Henderson and the experienced Fabinho having left the club, while Dominik Szoboszlai and Alexis Mac Allister are two exciting new additions to the Red first team that are both likely to start here.
Sunday's game looks set to have an added edge after it emerged on Friday that Chelsea had somehow managed to hijack Liverpool's almost completed move for highly-rated Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo.
Below, we'll outline the bestlive TV streaming servicesto use to watch all of the action live wherever you are in the world.
Chelsea vs. Liverpool: When and where?
Chelsea host Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, Aug. 13. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m. BST (11:30 a.m. ET, 8:30 p.m PT).
How to watch the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game -- that's where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it's also a great idea if you're traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you're able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, non-blackout area. Most VPNs, like our Editors' Choice, ExpressVPN, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you're streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN deals taking place right now.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN pick for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It's normally $13 per month, and you cansign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free-- the equivalent of $6.67 per month -- if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game in the US
Sunday's Chelsea-Liverpool match is streaming onPeacock. You'll need a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to catch the game live.
NBC's streaming service, Peacock, offers access to all the matches of this season's Premier League that aren't shown on cable. You'll need to be signed up with a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to stream games live, which costs $6 a month or $60 per year.
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports,Amazon Prime Videoand TNT Sports (previously known as BT Sport). The Chelsea-Liverpool game is exclusive to Sky Sports -- showing on its Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra channels. If you already have Sky Sports as part of your TV package, you can stream the game via its Sky Go app, but cord-cutters will want to get set up with a Now account and a Now Sports membership to stream the game.
Sky subsidiary Now (formerly Now TV) offers streaming access to Sky Sports channels with a Now Sports membership. You can get a day of access for £12, or sign up to a monthly plan from £25 per month right now.
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game in Canada
If you want to stream Chelsea vs. Liverpool live in Canada, you'll need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights for this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the go-to destination for Canadians looking to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive streaming rights to every game. It costs CA$25 per month, though you can save some cash by paying quarterly or annually.
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL fixture on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing every single Premier League game live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to screen every EPL match live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga games, streaming service Optus Sport is a particularly big draw for Aussie soccer fans.
If you're already an Optus network customer you can bag Optus Sport for a reduced price, with discounts bringing the price down to as low as AU$7 per month. If you're not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables at play -- your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN -- your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don't see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the "search for city or country" option.
- If you're having trouble getting the game after you've turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs -- like Roku -- don't have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you'll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you're using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network's sports app, you'll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you're using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommendBrave.